The following news feed provides an overview of the current activities and news from APPA members.
The articles on this page are updated regularly from members’ news and media pages. If you have any questions or concerns about the content contained in the articles, please contact the respective member. You can locate members’ details underneath each article or on our Contact us page.
- The Global Privacy Assembly is extending invitations to applicants for the GPA Reference Panel.
Established in 1979, the GPA is an international forum of data protection and privacy authorities, which seeks to provide leadership at the international level by connecting the efforts of more than 130 data protection and privacy authorities from across the globe. If you wish to know more about the GPA’s current priorities, please visit the GPA website.
The GPA Reference Panel is a contact group of external stakeholders, comprising representatives of relevant civil society organizations; academic institutions; think tanks; non-privacy supervisory authorities; representatives of public authorities, such as law enforcement authorities; representatives of public authorities, such as law enforcement authorities; and representatives of the private sector.
The application window will commence from 22 January 2021 until 12:00 noon GMT, 19 February 2021. The call will run for four weeks. All relevant information can be found on the GPA website from 22 January 2021.
- OAIC publishes first Consumer Data Right privacy assessment
- Speech to the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services
- OAIC and ICO conclude joint investigation into Clearview AI
- Clearview AI breached Australians’ privacy
- Observations following the joint statement on global privacy expectations of video teleconferencing companies
- Higher penalties to help protect Australians' privacy
- Letter to Minister Beare RE: Bill 22 - Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act amendments
- Statement from BC Information and Privacy Commissioner regarding proposed amendments to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Speech to the 2021 BC Transparency and Privacy Conference
- GPEN Privacy Sweep finds significant involvement of data protection authorities in COVID-19 solution-finding
- Appearance before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Health (HESA) on the Emergency Situation Facing Canadians in Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Appearance before the Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics (ETHI) on the certificate of nomination of Daniel Therrien to the position of Privacy Commissioner
- Appearance before the Senate Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs on Bill S-203, An Act to restrict young persons’ online access to sexually explicit material
- Appearance before the Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics (ETHI) on the 2021-22 Main Estimates
- Appearance before the Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics (ETHI) on Facial Recognition Technology